Ever seen this cartoon?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Red Rooster, Jan 24, 2012.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

I see this happening all the time..

[​IMG]

2. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Awe cute!

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG] My girls do that all the time!

4. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    If you put chicken wire around the bottom of the fence, they should stop doing that.

5. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Guinea and Chicken raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    good one. How about Italian cartoon? Gino il Pollo?

6. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    my baby chickens did that in their baby cage at night when i had the light on. but i didn't think of filming that for a vid... they periodically stick their heads out. Even today, about two of my adult hens, they had to investigate a wood pile my fiance and I were planning on burning when it dries, it was wet wood from the rain. Didn't think of filming that but I could've.

7. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    the only problem is that they might get hurt by passing predators.... just a thought

8. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    artsyrobin... my baby chickens in the cage at night making noises.. they are in a cage in my house with the door shut. no possiblity of predator problems. unless you are saying that to somebody else. ;)

9. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    about the picture of the daytime, the hen sticking it's head out for predators... predators usually attack at night like I said above, and the person with the camera who took the pic was obviously there to protect it from happening in the day.. I mean cats will do this. I have cats I own in my yard and there's a stray cat that hangs around a few of mine and there are sometimes rarely seen two neighbor black kittens that may do it. And like raccoons have opposable thumbs and can open doors I heard, but my big, tall door? we have garbage holders it can climb on maybe... but that hasn't happened at least to me.

At night, we are all supposed to hide our birds in a coop.

10. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Guinea and chicken raiser,

this is not a chain link fence around my yard. It is a dog kennel that she is putting her head through. I can see what you mean now about cats and predators.

Sorry about not making this straight before. [​IMG]

~AnnElise

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by