Ever wonder what happens to a 6 year old egg?

That is pretty weird. I thought I was a pack rat!!!
lol.png

SpottedCrow, if you ever open one again, you so gotta take pics of that! I probably shook mine up a few times over the years so.... yeah.... tempting fate maybe.

MissPrissy, I wanted to keep the green egg so I set it on a shelf and left it there. :p Just weird like that and lacking the fear of rotten egg.

Wynette, thanks for the complement on the nails. Just a matter of time before they get lodged with dirt when planting season begins.

Posion Ivy, I made a little draw string pouch that I put the light inside of so it doesn't sustain as much damage in my pocket. Doubles as a way to adjust the aperture for candling. Basically just had a rectangle of fabric, made the thing for the string to go though, and folded it over and sewed it together. The pouch is crooked though and it's amazing that it actually fit in there because I don't know how to sew.... my mom had to thread the machine.

If I knew where the other ones were I'd be tempted to open this one so I could see what it's internals are like up close! Maybe I should save more eggs... LOL

Reminds me of last summer I was moving stuff in the basement and found an egg I had a couple chickens in the basement about 3 years previously and it was as light as air. amazing how they just dry up like that.

Ive got some four year old eggs out of my birds and saved them. One got crushed and all the whites were gone but the yolk was like yellow eraser, not oozing nor did it smell.

Here are the pics of them, great for decorating them!
HatchingEggs001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom