Every Sunday Evening I Make Pickled Eggs

tips on peeling?
It’s the boiling process.. they will peel off in 3-4 inch spirals.. hard boiling water then add eggs and boil for 10 minutes exactly.. promptly remove with slotted spoon and add to ice water immediately. The end of the shell with the air sack will cave in as soon as they hit ice water.. it causes a vaccum... remove from ice water in a few minutes, let cool, lay eggs on counter and gently roll with palm of hand, pinch the shell/membrane at fat end and pull off in a spiral.. takes some practice to get fast at it.. but it’s easy to achieve each time after you learn the proper way.. same with chicken eggs except they don’t collapse, roll chicken egg all the way around with your palm and the shells literally pop off in 2 pieces.. it’s worked for 40 years my great granny did it that way and taught me..

Last edited:
Just like this

Attachments

• DA0B34B9-9C36-46BD-91B1-D5A6744CE306.jpeg
    DA0B34B9-9C36-46BD-91B1-D5A6744CE306.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 3
It’s the boiling process.. they will peel off in 3-4 inch spirals.. hard boiling water then add eggs and boil for 10 minutes exactly.. promptly remove with slotted spoon and add to ice water immediately. The end of the shell with the air sack will cave in as soon as they hit ice water.. it causes a vaccum... remove from ice water in a few minutes, let cool, lay eggs on counter and gently roll with palm of hand, pinch the shell/membrane at fat end and pull off in a spiral.. takes some practice to get fast at it.. but it’s easy to achieve each time after you learn the proper way.. same with chicken eggs except they don’t collapse, roll chicken egg all the way around with your palm and the shells literally pop off in 2 pieces.. it’s worked for 40 years my great granny did it that way and taught me..
Thank you very much :)

Back
Top Bottom