Everything by the book and low hatch rates

Glad a few more hatched for you.

The ones that hatched ontime were they from a certain area of the incubator. If so that's the area getting the perfect temp.

The ones that hatched late were they farthest away from the heating element. If so that's the hot/cold spots I mentioned earlier.

The plastic sheet is a problem. It moves when the turner turn eggs. I ended up removing mine and zip tying it to the other wires in the top. That way I could bend the probe to the top off the eggs. And position it where I wanted under the heating element. It at least eliminated the temp swing from the sheet moving.

Another way to help the hot cold spot with the offset heater is once a day rotate the lid 180 degrees. So that way you are moving the heating element from front to back.

Look at your lid on the way it seals one of mine set and looked like it was a rocking chair. Didn't fit good at all. I had to place some small weights at the corners to get it to seal tight.

This is just a few thing I've done to try and improve my hatch rates with the lg.

I think my best hatch was about 80 percent with the ones I had.

But they do take a lot of watching to see how they work. And fine tuning for your area.

How about the air supply?  I used to have terrible hatch rates just because I didn't have sufficient air flow through the incubator.  I was dumb enough to be closing down the air vents to raise the humidity instead of just adding more water (surface area not depth).

I try for approximately 30% humidity during incubation (except for guinea eggs) and 60% - 70% humidity during lockdown.  I run my air vents wide open (GQF 1202) at all times and have had up to 100% hatches.

Good luck.
At what humidity do you do guinea eggs Hoping to have some before long .

My experience is that guinea eggs are actually easier to hatch than chicken eggs. 

Good luck finding nests.  My guineas normally don't start laying until about mid April.
Mine aren't a year old yet But have been mating for a few weeks .Andcthe hens are scouting aroundvfor a nest. I hatch 2 in incubator around 20 years ago .At that time didn't know anything abot humidity then .

At what humidity do you do guinea eggs Hoping to have some before long .

I did guineas last year and figured I would need to run a little higher than I do for my standards, which is about 30%. I planned on 40-45%, but didn't need to. The shells on the guinea eggs were thick. I ran 30% and monitored the air cells. Did not have to raise it higher. My suggestion is monitor the air cells.

I did guineas last year and figured I would need to run a little higher than I do for my standards, which is about 30%. I planned on 40-45%, but didn't need to. The shells on the guinea eggs were thick. I ran 30% and monitored the air cells. Did not have to raise it higher. My suggestion is monitor the air cells.
I do watch air cells . Hey the Hovabator is at lock down .Am excited to see if it does better than LG Hatch should begin Friday night

Back
Top Bottom