Eviction wave? Noticeable?

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
I thought this would be a great place to post this. And this set of threads of 'DIY/Self Sufficiency' seems like the most appropriate place.

Any time you see news or rumors, it helps to actually see what real people on the street think.

Supposedly there's a huge wave of evictions in the bigger cities that may be happening soon. People are unemployed. And there's no protections helping these people because our government is ...having problems, let's leave it that.

OK, I didn't mean to say that. I will be non-political...

What I mean to say is; *'I'd like to know if you are seeing signs or rumors also in your areas or with people that you know about anything on this eviction wave?'*

And I'm interested in what you might have heard or know.

I've seen several news links about this, credible articles that I'd seen pan out with other stories most the time, but not big name news brands.

I thought this would be a great place to post this. And this set of threads of 'DIY/Self Sufficiency' seems like the most appropriate place.

Any time you see news or rumors, it helps to actually see what real people on the street think.

Supposedly there's a huge wave of evictions in the bigger cities that may be happening soon. People are unemployed. And there's no protections helping these people because our government is ...having problems, let's leave it that.

OK, I didn't mean to say that. I will be non-political...

What I mean to say is; *'I'd like to know if you are seeing signs or rumors also in your areas or with people that you know about anything on this eviction wave?'*

And I'm interested in what you might have heard or know.

I've seen several news links about this, credible articles that I'd seen pan out with other stories most the time, but not big name news brands.
I know a lot of people in my area are definitely talking about it. I live in a big city and an even bigger county. Some people are very concerned and others think everything will blow over and nothing much will happen.

I feel like this may be better suited to "random ramblings." I've been seeing this pop up in the news too.... A friend of mine lives in New Orleans and is a landlord. He owns two homes. In both homes the tenants have stopped paying rent and they were his primary source of income. I hate the whole situation. I live in the countryside so not an issue so much for me but my heart breaks for both the landlords and the tenants. I hope things look up soon.

I own and operate a small construction company that specializes in housing maintenance. I currently have 20 townhouses and multiple other multi-family units that my crew handles. Not only am I seeing signs of this happening, or hearing people chat about -- I am seeing it happen in real time. That is my experience.

Edited to add: Many of these are long-term tenants, too. Some are newer tenants, but with only one exception, none of them were troublesome or non-payers before. It's heartbreaking -- the property owners can only go without income so long, too. They are also going under water. There are no winners.

I own and operate a small construction company that specializes in housing maintenance. I currently have 20 townhouses and multiple other multi-family units that my crew handles. Not only am I seeing signs of this happening, or hearing people chat about -- I am seeing it happen in real time. That is my experience.

Edited to add: Many of these are long-term tenants, too. Some are newer tenants, but with only one exception, none of them were troublesome or non-payers before. It's heartbreaking -- the property owners can only go without income so long, too. They are also going under water. There are no winners.
Yeah its especially telling when its people you know are responsible having trouble, and not people who actively were making bad choices. And that's how it was in 2009 also; I kept seeing it happen then and they were sometimes business people and people you would think are really responsible.

Yes, out my way, 2.5 hrs south of Seattle lots of unrest as we are already handling a lot of homeless and now we are worried about a new influx and where to put them and how to get them connected to services, etc.

However on the other side of things, our housing market is hopping. My home went up 50,000 since march in valuation. My neighbors purchased their house three years ago for 272,000 and just sold it for 462,000 two weeks ago. It is crazy.

My husband works in construction and rentals for residential, commercial and light industrial. His company is dealing with the fallout from the disaster at Boeing. All the third party machinists are out of work and can no longer pay rent on their spaces.

Also, their apartments are starting to see some vacancies (no forced evictions yet, and they would like to avoid that if at all possible) which is a big deal because these apts used to have long waiting lists to get one.

As far as evictions however, this is WA and we do tend to do things a little differently then the Feds. I would be surprised if our govenor allowed the eviction moratorium lapse.

Back
Top Bottom