Evil roos

Very bad thing to do!!!
We had something similar happen years ago, with a steer that some well meaning people put in our field with our steers. He belonged down the road, and after WE had to return him to his owners. we had a mess. Our boys all got sick with a respiratory disease, and did all survive with treatment. One of them had severely scarred lungs, and made to barely, but wasn't healthy. It was a miserable experience all around.
These folks, worse case, might have had to kill their entire flock, to eliminate some disease brought in by that rooster. Nasty!
Mary

My top roo is a silver splash EE, this guy is aggressive to me and only to me. I think he gets jealous,,, He may get his attitude from his daddy, a bantam frizzle sickie, mother was a blue ameraucana. He has the pinkest legs I ever seen.
Now his male offspring;

if red, I cull first as every single one has been nasty aggressive, just like the RIRs this colour came from,

if silver splash, second on the cull list, just plain mean, chase the girls to no end and will team up against other colour roo's (must separate them at this point), like to fight (cant have that here). I think this comes from the bantam frizzle sickie that was the big guys daddy.

if black with gold splash, very gentle, very heavy, very people friendly, loves food, not good in hot weather. I let one of these out to a new home and they love him.

if white (silver), solid no splash also have been non aggressive, and not many of these.

if black solid no splash also non aggressive, talks to the girls a lot and follows me around the yard like a puppy. I have selected one of these to keep (he stands about 4 inches taller than the others). He is stunning standing in the sunlight, green, blue and purple shinning off him, like an oil slick.

It cant be all in genetics that all offspring from a mean roo will also be mean. I get this pattern over and over for the last few years using the big silver splash roo. I keep hoping for a silver splash with nice green legs, but not so far.

Back
Top Bottom