1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eww. I just ate something nasty.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cassandra, Aug 22, 2008.

  1. Cassandra

    Cassandra Ranger Rick

    438
    0
    139
    Oct 27, 2007
    Southwest Mississippi
    It was an accident, obviously. I bought a parfait from the grocery store for lunch and it was moldy. I didn't notice until I'd already taken a bite. (Just a small bite.)

    There wasn't any mold on the part that I ate, but it tasted "off" you know. You can tell when something is beyond its useful life, right. LOL

    So, I tasted the white stuff on tip, then I could see down in it where that was green mold growing in the cracks. Once I started to examine it, I could see there was a LOT of green mold on it. You really couldn't tell through the packaging.

    It tasted really nasty. And now I'm all queased out just thinking about it.

    There was no expiration date on the thing, either. [​IMG]
    I'm going to take it back when I get off work today. It's not likely to kill me, is it?

    Cassandra
     
  2. lockedhearts

    lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

    Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    BLEH.......[​IMG]
     
  3. wegotchickens

    wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

    12,151
    24
    311
    Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Definitely take it back and get your $ back.

    No, you won't die. But I wouldn't stray too far from a restroom for a while... [​IMG]
     
  4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

    Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

    Ewww not good! [​IMG]
     
  5. Chirpy

    Chirpy Balderdash

    May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I doubt it will do anything to you. If you got enough ingested you may end up sick. I just don't know for sure though.

    I do want to say: EWWWWW!

    About 20 years ago I was eating my favorite candy (I won't tell what it was) and, after having taken a bite I felt something weird in my mouth and it tasted 'off'. I looked down at the part that was left and saw worms crawling in it and worm skins on it! Gag!!! It was so awful that I got physically sick from thinking about it for months and I didn't eat another one of those candys for about 15 years after that.

    I wrote the company that made the candy and they sent me a very nice apologetic letter with free coupons to buy more of that candy. I never used the coupons because I just couldn't even think about it without feeling sick.
     
  6. WisconsinChick

    WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

    Oh c'mon, chirpy! what was it!? [​IMG]
     
  7. Chirpy

    Chirpy Balderdash

    May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    WisconsinChick asked:
    Oh c'mon, chirpy! what was it!? big_smile

    Think peanut butter and chocolate... that's all I'm going to say. [​IMG]
     
  8. Smoky73

    Smoky73 Lyon Master

    1,617
    10
    181
    Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    EWWW,

    I ate a piece of Salami recently at work that was "off". Eww, we were sampling the meat to be sure it was still good...needless to say, it went into the trash. I am not likely to taste test the Salami again, I make someone else do it. And, if people do not date it when they take it out of the freezer, out it goes!
     
  9. silkieluver_07

    silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Think peanut butter and chocolate... that's all I'm going to say. [​IMG]

    Was it REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!?!? Maybe it was the stores fault for selling them beyond the expiration date.
     
  10. Cassandra

    Cassandra Ranger Rick

    438
    0
    139
    Oct 27, 2007
    Southwest Mississippi
    Quote:UUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHH!! How awful for you!

    Cassandra
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by