Ex-Bats getting their feathers back?

Hi Chickenman

Out ex-batt's are the same - 9 of the 10 seem to have them growing back with one still loooking a little pink. She seems the most confident of the bunch so I don't think she's pulling them out and we haven't found any feathers to suggest plucking. I hadn't considered giving them tuna (or meat) but might add some to our next shop for them though I think she's probably just a little slower than the others.

@MandS - we sell our spare eggs for a charitable donation to go to BHWT as well (though we're not officially in their egg club) - they have been really popular, so much that there is usually a waiting list!
Thanks for the reassurment :)

@woodworm - that's good - and glad to "meet" someone else who knows who they are. We are not a member of the egg club either (at least not that I know of) but as many of ours are now past laying age, we rarely have much spare these days. However we did get a lovely message from BHWT thanking us because some of the people donating had been asked why they were.

@Chickenman MAN - glad you got them there too. Must have been difficult during the pandemic to get them rescued.

By the way, the important thing about tuna is it should not be in brine - which is too salty. Sainsburys do the tuna in spring water type (and Lidl and Lidl doo to I think) which is much better. We don't give it every day, just for about 2 to 3 days every fortnight or if they are moulting, in 10 days or less. Don't overdo it though as they will struggle with too much protein!

@woodworm - that's good - and glad to "meet" someone else who knows who they are. We are not a member of the egg club either (at least not that I know of) but as many of ours are now past laying age, we rarely have much spare these days. However we did get a lovely message from BHWT thanking us because some of the people donating had been asked why they were.

@Chickenman MAN - glad you got them there too. Must have been difficult during the pandemic to get them rescued.

By the way, the important thing about tuna is it should not be in brine - which is too salty. Sainsburys do the tuna in spring water type (and Lidl and Lidl doo to I think) which is much better. We don't give it every day, just for about 2 to 3 days every fortnight or if they are moulting, in 10 days or less. Don't overdo it though as they will struggle with too much protein!
Ooh, guess I'm persuading certain people to buy more tuna then! ;)

Back
Top Bottom