Excited about getting started

when buying any where 1st take a good long look at the bird is it`s eyes runny is thir water coming from the nose and if someone is selling them why why are thay selling to meny can`t aford the feed to old to lay thir is meny thengs but from what you were saying at the start hatchery is the best bet see in the past 50 years that I have had chickens if thir for sale then thir is a resin like thir not the best stock if you get some biddiesthen you can get what you want ck. online thir is lots of hatcherys gohead 1st buy some med for colds some for worms learn about feeds and if you do buy at sale remimber TAKE A LONG LOOK AT THE BIRD thay will sale you oe that about to die

Yes, I do like some of the dual birds, I am really looking at some of them real close. I like some of these bigger birds, they have more color, but they will meet the dual purpose that I am looking for. I am a little uneasy about whom to order from, so many companies out there and unsure who is honest and will send healthy chicks. I would like to get into hatching eggs but at this time cannot afford that aspect of my new found interest and business. Thank you.

old.gif
I love it when I I see that I'm not the only one that makes changes as that they go.Your coop is made very sturdy and it does look great.
caf.gif
I was wondering a few things.How long did it take you to build it.I am adding on to a coop and as I go I am always making changes.Did you have any chin music from the other half.Mine is always saying something about me working on it.A lot of mine is salvaged material.I have got one more major change to add on and then it will be the outside skin to put on.
caf.gif
I do have one thing that I feel that you could do.I noticed that you had a Texas Chair to sit on.That's not good.
lau.gif
ep.gif
You need a Liberty University.
wee.gif
Just kidding.Happy New Year.

Check the discussions under the Breeders and Hatcheries section. I posted the link for you. The members here will not hesitate to say when they had a bad experience with a hatchery. If you are still unsure start a thread in that section and ask for recommendations. They will happily point you in the right direction.

Sorry! I submitted too quickly. I suggest for you to get the cute and pretty chicken called the silkie chicken. Our family recently, in may, decided to make an incubator. We did that. We ordered the eggs. When the chicks hatched, we received one silkie chicken. Raising chickens has been added to, our hobby. I love silkie chickens. TRUST ME!! Silkie chickens are a pleasure to have:) I hope you have fun too!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Yes, I do like some of the dual birds, I am really looking at some of them real close. I like some of these bigger birds, they have more color, but they will meet the dual purpose that I am looking for. I am a little uneasy about whom to order from, so many companies out there and unsure who is honest and will send healthy chicks. I would like to get into hatching eggs but at this time cannot afford that aspect of my new found interest and business. Thank you.
Have you checked out the build an incubator. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/homemade-chicken-egg-incubator-designs-pictures. I also cannot afford to outright purchase an incubator but I am going to build one from a cooler and attempt to hatch some eggs. If built properly many have had great results. You would have to be home to turn the eggs however, which for some is not possible. Are you going to order hatchery birds or birds from a breeder?

Back
Top Bottom