Excited for fuzzy butts!

howfunkyisurchicken

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Tn
I placed an order with Ideal yesterday! Last spring seems like forever ago, and I've been missing all the fuzzy babies! I ordered 2 of each: barred Cochins, blue Cochins, and red Cochins, EE's, Speckled Sussex, and white Leghorns. I've never had Speckled Sussex or Leghorns before, so I'm especially excited about them! Their hatch date is the 25th :D gonna have to get my brooder set up and test it a million times! Anybody else expecting chicks this month?

I AM!!!
yesss.gif

I am still on the phone with Ideal Poultry.

Ordering 6 bbr poult pullets w/ packing peanuts!!

Dueto hatch on the 22! I got yas beat!! I beat all this year!!! hahahahahahaha!

I still have Bobo ( turkey hen) from last years order and a rir roo and three hens that were packing peanuts.

I am in stokes-ville!!!!!
love.gif
yesss.gif
yesss.gif
yesss.gif

Last edited:
I don't have Leghorns but just wanted to say that you're sure to love the Speckled Sussex! My Speckled Sussex Maggie is one of my favorites. Her feathers are ridiculously soft and she's my strongest forager.

clap.gif
jumpy.gif
Good luck on your new fuzzy butts when they come in!! Hope they all do well. I had white leghorns from a local hatchery here and I did not like them. They were way too flighty, starting from about 1.5 weeks old. They bounced around their cage. They weren't friendly, either. But maybe yours would be different? Hope so!

I ordered 15 chicks from cackle hatchery yesterday to go in my free range flock. I ordered from them last summer and had a good experience. I ordered 10 chicks from the top hat special and 5 naked neck chicks.I'm also probably going to order some white d'Uccle chicks from Ideal sometime this spring.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom