Excited to be a part of the chicken club!

greenthumb

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
Chickens were the last thing on my mind 2 weeks ago, but here i am totally in love with my girls! Two weeks ago I received a phone call from a lady saying that she had 15 rhode island reds that she didn't want and asked if I would take them. I thought to myself no way, the last time we had chickens I was 5 and I hated being chased and pecked. (We had an especially mean roaster that would attack the face if you even looked at him!) But before I could really think about it I had said yes and to give me a week to get a coup ready. So here I am with 15 beautiful chickens and large brown eggs (they have been laying about 3 months) and I absolutely love it! I have already caught myself dreaming of building a larger coup and getting more! Who knew that chickens could be so much fun!

Greenthumb,
Congrats on your new additions and I know what you mean about chickens being fun. For me, they are both relaxing and fun. I started with trying to hatch 100+ quail eggs that I received in the mail. It wasn't long after those quails started laying eggs that I had to hatch my first chicken eggs. All of course sent to me via ebay or a small farm that ships out eggs. Just when I think I've found all I could want... I see another bird I have to have. Chickens are indeed addicting.

Congrats on your new chickens and welcome. I see you are already doing "chicken math" (more chickens, and more chickens, and more chickens!). A year ago, I would have never thought twice about chickens. Who knew they could be so much fun?

deb g
KY

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom