1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Excited to be a part of the chicken club!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by greenthumb, Jun 13, 2011.

1. greenthumb

greenthumb New Egg

Jun 13, 2011
    Chickens were the last thing on my mind 2 weeks ago, but here i am totally in love with my girls! Two weeks ago I received a phone call from a lady saying that she had 15 rhode island reds that she didn't want and asked if I would take them. I thought to myself no way, the last time we had chickens I was 5 and I hated being chased and pecked. (We had an especially mean roaster that would attack the face if you even looked at him!) But before I could really think about it I had said yes and to give me a week to get a coup ready. So here I am with 15 beautiful chickens and large brown eggs (they have been laying about 3 months) and I absolutely love it! I have already caught myself dreaming of building a larger coup and getting more! Who knew that chickens could be so much fun!

2. FleurSlkie

FleurSlkie Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2011
    East Coast
    Greenthumb,
    Congrats on your new additions and I know what you mean about chickens being fun. For me, they are both relaxing and fun. I started with trying to hatch 100+ quail eggs that I received in the mail. It wasn't long after those quails started laying eggs that I had to hatch my first chicken eggs. All of course sent to me via ebay or a small farm that ships out eggs. Just when I think I've found all I could want... I see another bird I have to have. Chickens are indeed addicting.

3. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Congrats on your new chickens and welcome. I see you are already doing "chicken math" (more chickens, and more chickens, and more chickens!). A year ago, I would have never thought twice about chickens. Who knew they could be so much fun?

deb g
    KY

[​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California