Excited to join this community

This account was registered for me and my wife to use - hence the "we" in my responses to the welcome questions. The account name is what we jokingly say to one another when the chickens do something we'd rather they not do - like try to roost outside their coop. "Those darn birdies!"

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

This is our first year having chickens. We got our first chickens this April.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Fourteen! Though a few are cockerels and won't be sticking around.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Brahma, sapphire gem, black star, ameraucana/EE, buff rock, maran, and olive eggers.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Just watching them interact with each other and free range! It's so fun to see their behavior.

It's also enjoyable to interact with them, and we don't mind the eggs either! :lol:

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Hiking, climbing, and just generally being in nature.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We are hoping to get goats and perhaps a LGD in the next year or two as well, but it's just the chickens for now!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

How can you not find BYC? Google any chicken related question or issue and you're nearly guaranteed to wind up here. :)

With all the animosity these days, it's so awesome to find a community that is so helpful, warm, and good natured. That probably speaks to how good of a job the moderators do as well.

We joined because we're excited to learn and contribute to this great community. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Welcome here. It is a nice place to hang out and learn about everything related to chickens. I love hanging with my girls it's peaceful to me 😜

Back
Top Bottom