Exciting news to me lol

jedanysuarez

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2023
hey, I'm back... my chicken just laid her first egg which is amazing.
this is all very new to me and I have a question. Hope you all can help out.
Do I switch her feed I'm currently giving her starter/grower feed from the brand Purina do I switch to layer feed right away?

hey, I'm back... my chicken just laid her first egg which is amazing.
this is all very new to me and I have a question. Hope you all can help out.
Do I switch her feed I'm currently giving her starter/grower feed from the brand Purina do I switch to layer feed right away?
Do you have oyster shells that you could give her?

You can either switch her to layer or you can actually keep her on the starter/grower if you want and just provide a bowl of oyster shell on the side. A lot of people do that. Whatever is easier for you. I would actually provide oyster shell either way though in case she needs to extra calcium. Mine ate it quite a lot. But anyway, long story short, yes, she needs more calcium now however you want to provide that.

:welcome You can gradually transition her to layer feed or you can continue with the starter/grower and provide oyster shell on the side. Congratulations on the start of production.

thank you
:welcome You can gradually transition her to layer feed or you can continue with the starter/grower and provide oyster shell on the side. Congratulations on the start of production.
thank you
Do you have oyster shells that you could give her?
yes i do thanks a lot

Back
Top Bottom