Exhibition Poultry Housing

SugaryinMD

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 16, 2009
Does anyone have a link to any articles on housing exhibition poultry. I am trying to figure out what is the best type of coop to build for my Langhans because I want to try and show them next year. I do not want them to destroy their feathers. If I have to house them all separately I would like to see ideas about how to do so. I have looked all over the web and cannot seem to find anything about building coops for exhibition birds. Thanks everyone!

here is our rooster house/ show pen We put up the older show birds after they molt and start conditioning them.... the younger pullets are housed on grassy, shaded runs without a rooster.

21841_nov9_141.jpg

21841_nov9_155.jpg

so housing the pullets together is ok? They wont pick at each other?

Last edited:
me too. im trying to plan a few more cages myself. what does everybody uses for water cups that live where winter stays below freezing for a couple months?

well my problem is im going to have anywhere from 12 to 20 small conditioning pens to individually house the birds. i used the heat lamps in my big coop but i cant really use heat lights for that many pens

I was planning on replacing the bulbs in two or three hanging lights in the coop (which is more like a shed) to keep the temp above freezing for the water. You can get the heat lamps that unfold and can be screwed up onto rafers on ebay

Most of our stock is Exhibition, we booted most of the horses out and have built runs in our barn for them along with a "hutch" area for the young ones and the smaller like serama's. Everyone has a thick shaving floor on top of rubber mats and all are under lights. We do bring the lights down closer in the winter and switch them to heat bulbs. We also cover the tops of the runs with tarp and wrap the hutches with thick plastic to help keep heat.
smile.png

49849_dsc05872.jpg

49849_dsc05870.jpg

Back
Top Bottom