exorcist chick???

pinkwindsong

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
Laurens SC
OK, yesterday we picked up 20 day old chicks for the 4-h broiler program. all hatched within 24hrs.
jumpy.gif
everyone bright and peeping... got hem home to my homemade brooder out in my home made coop... found that my heat lamp i used this past spring had somehow been broked... sotook out my reading lamp from my bedroom and rigged it up for heat ( was supposed to drop to 68 last night) got the lamp bare bulb situated so that it was keeping a decent steady heat.. when I went out at 2am it was almost 90 maybe cloer to 85. everyone was peeping and eating , sleeping. none seamed cold or hot just milling around..

went out this am and yeahhhh
yippiechickie.gif
everyone is doing good eating, drinking pooping and peeping.... I had forgotten how active and curious day old chicks are.. trying to flap their wings and trying to get out of the boxed in cage.. then plopp.. one gets thru the box sides and through the cage slates and bloop hits the ground.. running,..
wee.gif
.. barred rock roo hot on its trail.. got him swooped up and put back in the " brooder cage I fixed up.
somad.gif
." not good enough".... so I put it back in and a little one catches my eye.. this chick looks like the exorcist chick when she spun her head around..
sickbyc.gif
What in the world? so I pick it up and gently try to figure out which way the head is supposed to be on.... its like one of those owls that turn their heads all the way around.. creepy.. so figure it out which way is up.. and give it some water.. it drank out of my hand.. and peeps.. but the min you let the head go... it spins right back around... ive got it in the house with me I figure it will die???? but I cant have it out there geting all stepped on and climbed over by the other chicks..

Is it a broken neck..??? did it get squished?????
idunno.gif

any explanation and help would be great..

I did make them up a new brooder box till they get bigger and cant fit through the slat's,

)O(
blessed be
PInk

Back
Top Bottom