Expanding coop suggestions?

When looking at roosting space they will choose the highest place possible. While roaming they are on the ground looking for goodies to eat.

In the OP's case they are looking at needing additional roosting space therefore that space under the coop doesn't count.

While birds will use the space under the coop it counts toward run space not coop space.
My bad - I was not considering roosting/coop space. Thanks for the clarification!

Huh?

8x8 is easy to clean -- plenty of room to walk in and move around without banging into the roosts and equipment.

(Read this thread before making a coop or run half-high: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/another-reason-to-build-a-full-height-coop-run.1484191/ )

An enclosed area under the coop counts as part of the run, not part of the coop.
Gotcha - I wasn’t thinking about coop only space. Must be remnants of bumping my head on the too low run rafters!!!

Just want to pipe in and say that your coop and run are adorable. Also as you mentioned before I highly recommend bird netting. It may not be super pretty but I hardly ever really notice it. I just had my first hawk attack the other day and that bird netting saved their butts imo since the hawk bounced right off.

Back
Top Bottom