Expecting in Killeen TX

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kelso, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Kelso

Kelso Songster

Aug 6, 2009
    Hello all, I'm Jim and I'm expecting 90+ chicks from Cackle Hatchery on or about 21 Aug. I found this awesome site and I feel honored to be a member, thanks BYC. I had chickens as a youngster many years ago in Milan MI, and now the time and circumstances are right to have a flock once again. I live in Killeen TX, and I'm married (27 years) and we have two boys. I retired from the US Army on 1 Jan 2007 with 26 years of active service. I've been to Iraq four times and Afghanistan once. I'm currently a government contractor, and always on the move. Let me explain the 90+ I'm expecting. I selected 90 chicks (5-RIR, 10-Buff Orpington, 5-Black Australorp, 10-Barred Rock, 5-Cinnamon Queen, 5-Jumbo Cornish Cross, 5-Blue Cochin, 10-Blue Polish, 5-Silver Spangled Hamburg, 10-White Sultan, 5-Araucana/Americana, 5-Dominique, 5-Turken, 5-Silver Laced Wyandotte and I also ordered the Hatchery Surprise. Next Month I might get another 100 to end the year. Jim

1 person likes this.
  2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big TEXAS size [​IMG]

3. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Quote:[​IMG] A BIIIIIGGG [​IMG] from west texas

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Jim! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! You've certainly been busy, I must say. A big Thank You for fighting for our country! [​IMG] Thats a whole lotta chickens you are getting! And maybe 100 more to end the year, Whoa!! You ARE going to be sooooo busy. Have fun though, and lets seem some pics!!!

5. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Songster

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    [​IMG] from Vermont!

Boy you sure do big things in TX!! 90 chicks is an ambitious start! BYC is the place for you to be, lots of great info and friendly people. Nice to have you here!! [​IMG]

6. Kelso

Kelso Songster

Aug 6, 2009
    All, thanks for your kind remarks and nice welcomes. This forum is awesome.

7. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG] First of all, thank you for your service! [​IMG] And sounds like you have picked out a great assortment of birds. I wish you best of luck [​IMG] and sure you will find any answers to questions you will have about them and do just fine!

8. A big heartfelt [​IMG] thank you to you and your dedication to our country. Where would we be without guys/gals like you? LOTS of chickens, but its only fair you take pics and show us your set up for that many . . .wonderful choices . . .good luck with all of them! Since it sounds like you are on the road alot, is your wife and sons going to be the general (no pun intended [​IMG]) caretakers?

9. RawrOsaur200

RawrOsaur200 Chirping

Jun 19, 2012
    Thank you for serving our country!!! I greatly appreciate your service!!! I actually live in town also and was wondering if there were any laws here about if we could even have chickens??

10. SouthernChicka8

SouthernChicka8 Chirping

May 13, 2012
    SOUTHERN TEXAS
    [​IMG] Howdy :) Big welcome from South TEXAS!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: