EXTREMELY LOW EGG PRODUCTION

I have 11 hens and used to get 7-9 a day and out of the blue, it dropped to 2-3 a day. I thought it was due to the weather. Good food and more water and still nothing. And one day, almost by accident I found a hen WAY back under the coop with only about 6-7 inch inch clearance After getting the hen out of there, there were almost 5 dozen eggs + a few broken ones. Since I wasn't sure how old the eggs were, they were made into scrambled eggs and given back to them along with fruits and vegis. So try looking at every nook and cranny no matter how small as long as it is big enough to shove in a hen just in case.
I don't have ANY crannies, I mean not a single one. But thanks anyway

You know, I am glad you made this post because I just posed the same thing with my quail, and they stopped laying due to this heat wave that is coming through. I totally believe it is the heat, because it is the only thing that has changed. They are all fairly young, I give them greens and vitamins, they have a nice dust bath and chopped hay to roll in. The even have a shady place to hide out of sun. So for me I am sure it must be the heat. Tell us when your girls start paying again, and if that started when the days became cooler. Very curious.

You know, I am glad you made this post because I just posed the same thing with my quail, and they stopped laying due to this heat wave that is coming through. I totally believe it is the heat, because it is the only thing that has changed. They are all fairly young, I give them greens and vitamins, they have a nice dust bath and chopped hay to roll in. The even have a shady place to hide out of sun. So for me I am sure it must be the heat. Tell us when your girls start paying again, and if that started when the days became cooler. Very curious.
Some of them started, the only ones who still aren't laying are molting. I think they have become accustomed to the heat now or maybe it's a little cooler and I can't tell. Either way 6 out of 9 layers are laying.

Back
Top Bottom