Extremely mean rooster

Chop House.

"When the need arises - and it does - you must be able to shoot your own dog. Don't farm it out - that doesn't make it nicer, it makes it worse." - Robert A. Heinlein

I don't expect a chicken to act like a human, but i DO expect it to know its place in the flock. It is no kindness to allow an aggressor to live and continue abusing the innocent (or yourself) for reasons of emotion. Nor do I think it appropriate to "rehome" a rooster to someone unaware of his aggressive behaviors. As an NPIP certified breeder, I take flock security very seriously - poultry leaves my property, it doesn't re-enter.

Aggressive Roosters become meals for myself and my family.

I take no joy in it, but neither do I shirk from the duty. The bird has chosen its place in the culling line by its behaviors, I merely give motive force to its election.

You can try to rehabilitate - no doubt others will come along and offer emotional or moral pleas for not culling, and various means for retraining a Roo. Maybe it works. Usually not. Recommend you not delay sentence too long, that someone doesn't suffer significant injury from the delay.

Full disclosure. Both myself, and my wife ,have been flogged by an agressive Roo. Those spurs have been in very dirty places. The tend to penetrate, quite deeply, into soft tissue areas - around the ankle, under the knee - bleed profusely, and are prone to infection. I gave my Roo one "freebie" while defending hisgirls while I handled them roughly for a mass wieghing. When he attacked my wife while she fed the flock, I culled him THAT DAY. Even though he was my only breeding age Roo, and it set my project back a month or more. Simple risk management. My wife and my health are worth a lot more than he is.

What is your rooster to chicken ratio, I would adjust that first. I do not agree with bondage on any animal.
The rooster to chicken ratio wont matter if you have multiple roosters the dominat rooster will take his place. There will be little if any fighting because the roosters with the nut attached wont fight long they will soon run. try this method. You don’t have to kill anything of remove roosters to have the hens be run by a single rooster I have 11 hens and three roosters only one rooster tends to the hens the other two with the nuts attached will stay in check

Revelation - Can you take a picture of this, or maybe a video of the rooster with the nut.

Does the nut drag on the ground, how does it help. I would love to see this and the effect it has.
1626746496244.jpeg

I subscribed to this tonight . Thought i had an idea that may benefit some people. I will unsubscribe in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom