Extremely rude silkie rooster!

May 16, 2021
Hi, I have a blue silkie rooster name Dawn. He is extremely rude! He has reticently started to attack me. He also loves to fight with my other roosters. None of my other roosters attack me accept him. Never in a billion years would I except the silkie breed to be this mean! I have even tried putting him in his place. He never seems to give up. Even when I kick him it doesn't work ever! Please help me deal with this rooster.

Here is another article:
Beekissed's Rooster Speak

Copied from this post: #34 @Beekissed I'm going to give you a clue on "rooster speak"....holding him down doesn't mean anything to him. If you'll watch how roosters interact between dominant ones and subordinate ones, there is rarely any, if ever, holding a bird down for a long time when there...

Here is another article:

Copied from this post: #34 @Beekissed I'm going to give you a clue on "rooster speak"....holding him down doesn't mean anything to him. If you'll watch how roosters interact between dominant ones and subordinate ones, there is rarely any, if ever, holding a bird down for a long time when there...
Thank you!

We were given 3 silkies during the summer, all were roosters, and all three of them would charge and spur if your back was turned (and direct to your face, the day they arrived unannounced). I gave the two most aggressive away for meat, and the third was introduced to my foot until he ceased and desisted. Sadly after 4 months he started getting abusive of one specific of my hens behind my main rooster's back, so I culled him. Roosters are roosters, in that any breed can have nasty ones and nice ones.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom