Eye issue in one duck

elle357

Chirping
13 Years
Jun 6, 2008
I have 6 ducks about 7 weeks old. One has an eye that looks a little strange. No idea if this is something to worry about or not?

Attachments

• E38BF3B3-0484-4194-B0CD-017E18934615.jpeg
    E38BF3B3-0484-4194-B0CD-017E18934615.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 9
Looks like sticky eye, which can be caused by a few things, lack of deep water being one, but if you are providing plenty of that I'd just suspect the duck got a little bit of foreign matter in its eye. Since only one eye is affected I'd be more inclined to think the latter is the cause. I would clean the surrounding parts of the eye with a saline wash (1/8th teaspoon of salt per cup water) then apply a veterinary ophthalmic gel to the surrounding parts of the eye.

I treate d my duckling for sticky eye which was how they shipped it to me.... Po or but was On deaths door he couldn't move the 1st day but slowly came around then both eye were closed with stuff coming out of them. Took 2 days of flushing eyes out and spraying wit h vetrycin. He's blind tho but probably because he was born with it.

I treate d my duckling for sticky eye which was how they shipped it to me.... Po or but was On deaths door he couldn't move the 1st day but slowly came around then both eye were closed with stuff coming out of them. Took 2 days of flushing eyes out and spraying wit h vetrycin. He's blind tho but probably because he was born with it.
Poor baby did you contact the hatchery?

Back
Top Bottom