Eye lid only opening half way after attack

Kgriffith0712

Chirping
Feb 9, 2018
This isn't an emergency but all feedback is appreciated. I have a runt rue that was recently attacked by his colleagues. His eye was swollen because they had pecked his bottom eyelid. I treated his eye with salene solution and was putting a warm compress on it. Additionally I was giving him baby aspirin. He is healing up great, but his eyelid will only open half way. It doesnt appear to be swollen any longer (his attack was a week ago). But it appears he is unable to completely open it. His other eye is cloudy and to be honest I dont know if he any ability to see from it. (This eye wasnt affected from this attack. He had some complications as a baby and am not sure if his lack of vision in the one eye is from that). Any thoughts are appreciated.

It might help to see pictures of both eyes. The flock may have been pecking him because something was wrong with him or because he wasn’t seeing normally and bumping into things. Is he having any problems with his balance or with either leg or wing appearing weak? Certain diseases can affect the eyes, such as respiratory diseases, Mareks, avian encephalomyelitis, eye infections or trauma, and cataracts.

Back
Top Bottom