Eye Problem, Need A Quick Solution Doesnt Look Good And Getting Worse

esnil

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 17, 2009
YESTERDAY i NOTICED MY AMERICUANA WITH A SWOLLEN EYE LID IN ONE SIDE, LOOKED GOOD THIS MORNING BUT NOW ITS FOAMING , IS THERE A MED I SHOULD GET AND IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO IN THE MEAN TIME BECAUSE I NEED TO ORDER MEDS WHERE I AM SO I WONT GET IT FOR A FEW DAYS, I DO HAVE AGENERAL ANITBIOTICE IN POWER FORM TO ADD TO DRINKING WATER.

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

THANKS NEWBIE,

Does the chicken have any other symptoms? If not go with the terramycin EYE ointment, sometimes feed stores have it in stock possibly in the horse section (thats where I got mine)

No Other Symptoms At This Time And I Will Start With The Powder Antibiotic, I Iwll Try The Horse Section Of The Local Farm Supple Place

Thank You For The Speedy Replies !

No Other Smells Or Anything, She Is Probably The Most Active Hen I Have And The Smartest And Free Ranges On My 2 Acres, Shes The Pet Out Of 24 And She Is Always Been Seperated Form The Rest, She Looks Great Wandering Around The Yard Right Now And Has Not Shown Signs Of It Bothering Her Like Scratching Or Shaking Her Head

Thank You

It sounds like an upper respiratory infection. Their sinuses get infected and it sometimes shows as a swollen head /eyes or even sometimes in the roof of their mouth. I have had very good luck with Tetracycline or Terramycin (same thing). You can get Tetracycline pills online thru a vet supply company and Terramycin at your feed store. I have had a few birds that looked REALLY sad that have responded very well to this. I haven't lost one yet. Good luck!!

Leah

Back
Top Bottom