Eye problem!

RubiconChicken

Chirping
Jun 4, 2019
Southeastern Wisconsin
What is going on with my ducklings eye? It is 2 days old. Eating, drinking, and spazzing without a problem.
20200327_183304.jpg

When I got ducklings last spring one of my pekins had an eye that was not fully open. I just left it and after a week or so it was normal looking. I'm pretty sure mine wasn't an infection. If you think yours is an infection, Terramycin ointment works wonders. Good luck - what a cutie!

What is going on with my ducklings eye? It is 2 days old. Eating, drinking, and spazzing without a problem. View attachment 2064675
Was the ducklings eye like this when you brought it home? Maybe it got poked in the eye? You can use some triple antibiotic or neosporin or if you have Veterycin spray if you use the ointment just put around the outer eye lid. Can the duckling dunk it’s head and clean it’s eyes an nares out.

Was the ducklings eye like this when you brought it home? Maybe it got poked in the eye? You can use some triple antibiotic or neosporin or if you have Veterycin spray if you use the ointment just put around the outer eye lid. Can the duckling dunk it’s head and clean it’s eyes an nares out.
Yes, this is how it's eye was when I got it. It can dunk it's eyes and nares. I'll put some neosporin on it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom