Eye problems.. any ideas?

ejducharme

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 13, 2010
Jacksonville
I researched the forums, but my baby doesn't have the same symptoms as the other with the bubbly eyes. Only symptoms are the bubbly eyes and the swollen area. She's not acting any different in any other areas and her eye isn't swollen shut either. She's normal as can be other than the foam coming from her eye.

1) What type of bird , age and weight. - EE, 9 months old, not sure of weight
2) What is the behavior, exactly. - bubbly discharge coming from her eyes, swollen bumps on the outer eye of both eyes
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? - about 5 days
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? - no
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. - no
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. - nothing that I know of
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. - eating and drinking normally. layer pellets and water
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. - normal
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? - capful of sulmet in drinking water
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? - want to self treat if possible
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. - i can get one if needed
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use - normal coop with pine shavings bedding, cleaned out every other day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom