Eye Shut and Kinda Lethargic Hen

just looking in my chicken manual book, found something called Mycoplasma - which one sympton is foam in corner of the eye - looks like a bacterial infection - treatment looks like antibiotics from a vet keep warm and clean quarantine - like you done I would phone a vet see what they say if they have someone that helps with chickens

someone tried sugar water to help perk up a chick once on here

Found another called infectious coryza symptons swollen eyes often glued shut, diarrhoea, swollen face and sinus - same treatment antibiotics

just looking in my chicken manual book, found something called Mycoplasma - which one sympton is foam in corner of the eye - looks like a bacterial infection - treatment looks like antibiotics from a vet keep warm and clean quarantine - like you done I would phone a vet see what they say if they have someone that helps with chickens

someone tried sugar water to help perk up a chick once on here

Found another called infectious coryza symptons swollen eyes often glued shut, diarrhoea, swollen face and sinus - same treatment antibiotics
Thank you! This info is very helpful. I’ll see if I can get a hold of the vet in the am.

I ended up taking her to the vet yesterday and the hen needed to be put down. I chose euthanasia since she was my favorite hen - I didn't have the heart to cull her myself. Thank you for the responses to my post, they were much appreciated. ❤

I ended up taking her to the vet yesterday and the hen needed to be put down. I chose euthanasia since she was my favorite hen - I didn't have the heart to cull her myself. Thank you for the responses to my post, they were much appreciated. ❤

Sorry my reply was too late but it might help if you face the same problem again. I've had several that I've had to treat myself. Sorry you lost your chicken, that sucks. :(

So sorry feel for you it is so hard to lose a chicken to heaven really upsetting, I lost one chicken in February at 22 weeks old because of accident - lost to heaven by vet so hard and still miss her
hope they are in peace now

Thanks so much for your kind words. These little animals sure can have personality and wriggle their way into your hearts. She has stopped laying but I was going to keep her as a pet in the flock because her personality was so great. At least she met a peaceful end.

Sorry my reply was too late but it might help if you face the same problem again. I've had several that I've had to treat myself. Sorry you lost your chicken, that sucks. :(

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, the vet thought it was MG but that she was too far along so there wasn't much they could do. Between Friday and when I got her into the vet she had deteriorated a lot. Poor girl. I'm glad you have been able to treat your chickens for this and that thread was very helpful. Bookmarking it since all my hens have been exposed, though knock on wood everyone else seems fine so far.

Back
Top Bottom