1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Facebook Fallout for Chicken Hugging.

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by mommacb, Nov 2, 2012.

1. mommacb

mommacb Out Of The Brooder

I had some people making fun of our family for how lovey our kids are with the chickens. We were laughed at for treating "livestock" like "babies", please tell me that other people love their chickens this much too. I know we can't be the only chicken crazy folk out here!!!

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, I think we all go through the ridicule from the people in our lives that just don't get it. It is hysterical though that it's acceptable to roll around on the ground with a dog licking you square in the face , but hug a chicken and you're weird. I don't try to defend myself anymore (and for the most part they've all given up). I Love My Chickens, Deal With It!!![​IMG]

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    When people are on facebook they often act like complete morons. Chickens are wonderful creatures to keep around and more people are learning that everyday. Maybe one day it won't be such a taboo subject.

4. .....Says the person who has never owned a chicken....
    [​IMG] Just sayin', but you love your duckies [​IMG]

5. Gomes Bantams

Gomes Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

I deal with it in high school. But, I guess it isn't that uncommon for that to be the cesspool of ridicule.

All I say is, "if you don't like it, leave." or "As if you would know what being normal is, just look at your self!"

-Lucas, what said is said.

6. mommacb

mommacb Out Of The Brooder

thanks guys, it's nice to meet people who know how truly aweseome birds are!! i can't even begin to count all the things i love about my flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by