1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*faceplams* really societies?

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by broody rooster, Dec 22, 2015.

1. broody rooster

broody rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2015
    mt societies at first couldn't make a nest, then they wouldn't sit for long and now they are sitting tight and hatched a baby zebra finch , all was going well for 2 days i saw even the spice finch sitting on the baby and feeding it so i had little to worry about not even a whole 3 hours had passed and the baby had died from what appears as a puncture in its belly . my first thought was someone stepped on him to hard (as i've seen them step on him a lot which is "normal " for baby birds i guess) and upon closer inspection they filled the bottom of the hamsterballl nest i gave them with the black oil sunflower seeds from the seeds i provide ...could this have caused the puncture or was it most likely he was stepped on

2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by