faded combs

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CluckyInKY, Jul 3, 2016.

1. CluckyInKY

CluckyInKY Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2016
    Utica, KY
    I need help identifying what's wrong here. My pullets are about 9-10 weeks old and their combs seem off colored. They are kinda chalky looking. Then today I noticed the tiniest amount of blood next to this one's eye. It's so minor, she may have done it herself. Also possible that one of the others did it to her- they have just started spending the night in the coop. They haven't figured out the roosting bars yet, so they all fight over the corner most spot... I keep worrying that they are trampling each other!
    No other symptoms- they all seem happy and healthy, eating & drinking fine, and no bugs/lice/mites are present.
    I've added electrolytes and probiotics to their water. Anything else I should do? [​IMG]

2. ChickenGoesRuff

ChickenGoesRuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2015
    Iowa
    That sounds pretty normal for the combs. If the comb worries you by being a little too dry, rub a little baby oil or Vaseline on it. I wouldn't worry about the blood unless there is a lot.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by