Fair price for 5 week old pullets

I'm no expert, but is 5 weeks a common buying age? The price sounds fair to me (although it's highly dependant on what your local market is up to), although I thought people usually bought chicks or point of lay pullets. Maybe I'm saying, if you don't sell them right away, they should at least increase in value to your local price for laying hens.

Depends on how you market them. If you can also show photos of the parents and the parents are nice looking birds, then start out at a higher price than the competition. Don't cheat on the photos or you'll have people calling back and pestering you about it months later.
These are hoover hatchery birds and I don't have parents to show. I already have an inquiry for the pullets. If these sell fast I will definitely charge 20 a piece for the next batch of pullets. Thanx

These are hoover hatchery birds and I don't have parents to show. I already have an inquiry for the pullets. If these sell fast I will definitely charge 20 a piece for the next batch of pullets. Thanx
It's a fun gig - the selling of 6 week olds. If they don't sell, then you can keep them and sell as started pullets and charge more. You have to have the space, though. I also try to have the chicks I'm raising be vaccinated from the hatchery because those also sell faster in my area.

Back
Top Bottom