Fairbanks, Alaska!

bornboreal

Hatching
May 20, 2015
Fairbanks, AK
Been reading this forum for a year or so & finally getting involved! It may surprise the chicken lovers among us but BYC has been a great resource for quail & duck info. We hatched & kept a small flock of quail in our cabin last winter & loved the ease of keeping them after we discovered deep litter!! We now have a small flock of ducks: khaki campbell ducklings & a couple adult Cayuga layers. This will be our first time overwintering birds outside, but a nice insulated coop wont be hard to build! Hello to all the other waterfowl owners! Anyone else from the Interior?
Rachel

Last edited:
Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I've not kept ducks before but have hatched and raised some quail in the past and they were lovely little birds to keep. I would love to have some more but unfortunately one of my dogs does not like them and she sees them as a tasty little meal.
You might also like to drop by the where am I where are you section of the forum for others in Alaska. Here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future and with your insulated coop build.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

What type of quail do you keep? I keep Bobwhites. Quail can be such fun little birds to keep.

The others have left you some great links to follow. So make yourself at home here and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Alaskan (user name) is one of our favorite folks - he posts on "the Old folks home," thread. - you don't need to be old to fit in and join us.

Back
Top Bottom