Fairly new chick mom

Ponyiqandhens2

Songster
Nov 5, 2022
South Louisiana
I Got my first chick's in April of 2022 at TSC.WE started with a beautiful Golden Seabright roo and hen, blue astralorp hen, speckled Sussex bantam,Mille de fleur bantam, and 3 Easter eggers.Eggers.. they free range on my farm ( train horses,teach lessons)
I got 8 chick's locally ( not day old were supposed to be 2 weeks but now know they were older got taken I didn't open the box as I was looking at the supposed parents and it was a very cold day
THEy were allegedly jubilee orphintons.. had one death with a couple of days confirmed coccidosis started on meds rest fine but underweight and really not sure what they are other than feral.
Afriend raises a large flock of meat and egg birds and has agreed to take the remaining 5 cockrels..two throw ins are I think a bantam mix of r.r.oeg. and either porcelian/Mille de fleur ductless as she had all 3 together

Finally I ordered from meyers
Light brahma hen chick
2 EE bantam
2 EE full size
2 black astralorp
And an identified s.r. extra chick

While my degree was renewable resources many moons ag,my minor was animal husbandry..

My first hens,including the bantam are prolific layers and pets we have barn owls and many types of hawks here, but my barn cats tend to hang out with the chickens, lay on the eggs when the hens leave and we have lots of cat and hen hide holes, protected paths etc so while risky free range is what they do..

We retrain tbs from the racetrack, train show horses and I work for a racehorse trainer overseeing his youngsters just starting, rehab horses. , post illness ,injury or surgery all come to the training center I work out of for him,5 miles from my home farm

My adult daughter works for him at his farm and at home with the horses..

Located in south Louisiana

welcome mouse GIF

Back
Top Bottom