fake cigarettes? I need a little help...

duck&chickencrazy

Songster
11 Years
Dec 2, 2008
Indiana
So I have heard of the "fake" cigarettes and I want to get my bf one to help him quit smoking...but being a non-smoker, I dont know anything about cigarettes...even the fake ones...Im not really sure what to look for or what to buy...so I was wondering if anyone here has tried them and has a certain one they prefer over the others...I want to get him this as a Christmas present and thats why I cant ask him about it...I have been asking him to quit for a while now and he is having alot of trouble quitting because he lives with a couple other people who do smoke and dont plan on quitting...Here are some that I have heard of so far...
-Green Smoke
-blu
-Bull Smoke
-V2

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
They aren't "fake" they're just electric/smokeless.

There's still nicotine and all, it just lights up electrically to look like a cigarette, except in "cool colors" and the nicotine and flavor gets into your body via vapors. Which of course, you replace the cartridge for every now and then.

Not a smoker, just looked them up months ago out of curiosity. You should try looking up reviews on the different brands, I've heard many different pros/cons on each, especially the more well known Blue & Green Smoke as well as Blu.

back in the day people used to suck on carrots or lollypops in place of smoking when they were trying to quit.

i think for some people its just the "going through the motions" that helps. so im sure vapor color wont matter too much

I know several people who have used them to quit smoking. I want to try them myself. I haven't started looking for them yet, but when I do, one of the MOST important things I will look for is American made. The majority are made in China. I really don't want to inhale anything that is made there. I don't believe I will ever forget that they put antifreeze in toothpaste. I just can't get past that.

One of the kids at work spent like $100. for the first version. Then, just last week, another found a disposable one for under $10.
I quit smoking, so haven't looked too hard, but there is alot out there. You need to shop!

I've seen ads for the Vapor smokes, never seen one. My Grandpa quit after 40 years by getting hypnotized. Just once and he was done for good.

e ciggeretts still have nicotine in them just not all the harmful CRUD in them that smoke ciggs do
some people hate them some people love it and get addicted to it for it is nicotine in Pure form. it says it helps people quit but being in a famliy thats smoked for years and work with many people who smoke and all tryed this e cigg. it just replaces it and since you can smoke it anywhere it becomes more convenint then smoke ciggs
to quit take tons of will power and support and understanding from the other party that its difficult.
it only takes 5 days for nicotine to leave your system then the rest is all mental and that some people never get rid of. ive been clean from ciggeretts for 2 years but if i go into a bar or an area with lots of smoke i know i have to leave because i want one.
it takes a lot of will power.. cinnamon candys helps and suckers and the reminder that you stink and it ruins your teeth and gums and turns your skin yellow is good.
but the best part is knowing your healther and can run a mile with out dieing for air.

GOOD LUCK!!!! e ciggs will not help him quit TRUST ME
sorry about my spelling never been my strong point!

Last edited:
Evelle is right. All eciggs do is save a little money down the road.
I used Chantix to quit. I took it for 2 months although it's recommended that you use it longer than that.
I am now 6 and a half months smoke free.
I looked into using eciggs but they wouldn't have helped me. I was VERY addicted to nicotine so the eciggs would have just fed that addiction. I would recommend getting him the patch or the pill (I've been told the gum tastes nasty) and get him some suckers or something to hold. I still miss holding a cigarette but do NOT miss smoking it.

But then again, even though you're ready for him to quit, is he ready?
If he isn't ready, then don't waster your time. You can't quit if you don't want to.

Last edited:
duck&chickencrazy :

So I have heard of the "fake" cigarettes and I want to get my bf one to help him quit smoking...but being a non-smoker, I dont know anything about cigarettes...even the fake ones...Im not really sure what to look for or what to buy...so I was wondering if anyone here has tried them and has a certain one they prefer over the others...I want to get him this as a Christmas present and thats why I cant ask him about it...I have been asking him to quit for a while now and he is having alot of trouble quitting because he lives with a couple other people who do smoke and dont plan on quitting...Here are some that I have heard of so far...
-Green Smoke
-blu
-Bull Smoke
-V2

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Unless your bf asks you to buy this for him for Christmas DON'T DO IT. He has to quit for himself and not because you asked him to. Until he decides to quit and is successful you have to accept that you fell in love with a smoker and whether smoking is a deal breaker. If it is then it's time to break it off. I quit smoking 13 years before my hubby did. He tried to quit several times but it wasn't until he truly set his mind to doing it that he was successful because it is an extremely difficult thing to do. Buying a loved one like a bf or spouce something to get him to quit smoking as a gift is like buying your spouse diet pills as a gift and thinking you are not calling them fat. It can cause very hurt feelings and be a complete waste of money as well. Very bad idea.​

Back
Top Bottom