fake owl story

scooter147

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
As part of another post I mentioned a fake owl. I have a fake owl story that makes me laugh to this day.

I had a friend who had a co-worker who wanted to start raising chickens as pets and of course eggs. Diane is a complete city slicker didn't know the beak from the vent and because of this interest we have become great friends.

She comes to my house and sew my set up, birds etc. so she gets started and takes most of my suggestions and has a nice set up herself now.

Well her birds were about four months old and had been allowed in their run for about a month and were going in and out with no problems. One day I get this frantic call from Diane almost in tears that her hens would not go outside and when she tried to put them outside the screamed bloody murder and immediately came tearing back in and no matter how hard she tried she could not force them outside and she had no clue what the problem was and that they were all bawk ba-bawking constantly in the coop. I go over and as soon as I walked around the corner of the coop I saw this big fake owl sitting on one of the runs fence posts.
I said, Diane I think I found your problem.
She saids REALLY WHAT IS IT??
I said, I think that fake owl is meant to scare birds and your chickens are what?
She commenses into a belly laugh with me following suit, it was one of those laughs that hurts and almost causes you to pee your pants.
She was obviously trying to keep the wild birds away but it just did not occur to her that this thing would scare the holly bejeebeez out of her chickens.

lol thats so funny
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom