Falcated Teals

Also if I put the permit in my dad's name (I'm not 21) would there be any issues ? And about how often would they come to inspect my facilities ? Once a year or more ?

They are listed because vagrants occasionaly are seen, same with Baikal teal. If the permit is in your Cather's name, he will be the one charged with any violations, so if he is interviewed, he would have to answer and know the correct answers. I have been told the age requirement has to do with the inability to charge juveniles with federal crimes.

Clint

Also if I put the permit in my dad's name (I'm not 21) would there be any issues ? And about how often would they come to inspect my facilities ? Once a year or more ?
I am under 21 and my dad's name is on the permit. But we are both in the bird hobby, I am just pushing to always get new species!

Hard to answer because it would depend upon the agent/officer. A State officer may well check things a Federal agent doesn't. Generally they will check things like paperwork and proper marking of all your birds, pen and other facilities, potential violations of other laws (yes, I know of cases made because people had pole traps for raptors when they were inspected), and potential capture of wild birds (for example, having sold many wood ducks but only having 1 pair, but numerous boxes on your property). Remember they can inspect at anytime and do not have to "schedule" an inspection.

I am friends with several Federal and state agents/officers. Consequently, I keep wood ducks, whistling ducks, and mottled ducks but do not sell them so I can not be accused of selling wild birds. Just one complaint can trigger an investigation so it is not worth the headaches it could cause.

Clint

Back
Top Bottom