Fall Is In The Air

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by doublejfarm, Sep 5, 2011.

1. doublejfarm

doublejfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Modoc, SC
    Its been over 90 during the day for the past three months with a few 110+ days. But now I feel a coolness comming on. Any one else feel fall coming closer?

2. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    oh ya its here we dropped from high eights down to the fifties.

3. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    It was 90 on Friday, a humid 85+ on Saturday, very nice in the 70s on Sunday, yesterday and today it was in the high 50s/low 60s. It definitely is fall-like weather around here the past two days!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Fall is HERE! [​IMG] I love it!

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Leaf color on dogwoods and some maples is starting to change, goldenrod is coming into full bloom - Yep, fall is in the air.

6. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Apparently Da Yooper in charge of the thermostat up here forgot about fall and turned it strait from summer to winter. A few days ago the high was in the 70s with lows in the 50s and last night the low was 26 degrees. That is a bit dramatic.

7. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Brrrrrr...........Stacykins! Our overnight lows last night/tonight is in the low 40s, which doesn't bother me too much. Low of 26 is just a little too chilly for me right now!

8. Rosaleen

Rosaleen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Danville, Vermont
    Getting a little cooler here in northern Vermont...frost is right around the corner!

9. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    My allergies have been bugging me, and they only pop up when winter turns to spring, and summer turns to fall.

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Our high yesterday was 65. Brr!

Today its back to the 70s. Tomorrow 80s!

I just wish Mama Nature would settle down! I am going through menopause I don't need her doing it at the same time!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by