False Alarm

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Reinbeau, May 29, 2008.

1. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I got a call last week that the hatch was going to happen on Tuesday this week, and the birds would be ready for pickup today. Oops! They told me the girl who was making the calls got confused - so I'm waiting yet another week for my chickies. They had originally said first week in May, then first week in June, so I was thrilled to get the call last week that they'd be a week earlier. Oh well [​IMG]

2. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    Aw...waiting is the worst. What kind are you waiting on?

3. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Barred Rocks, RI Reds (or may be NH, I can't remember it's been so long!), Silver Laced Wyandottes and Americunas (sp?). Oh, yea, and I think Buff Cochins. I wanted so many different breeds! I still want to get some Cuckoo Marans and Welsummers. That should round things out nicely [​IMG] Now the waiting is killing me!

4. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    My momma always said "Good things come to those who wait". Here's [​IMG] that good things, [​IMG] are coming your way.

5. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I know , I know------- waiting is the WORST!! I am waiting on 6 babies and they do not come until June 25 if all goes well. [​IMG] For now all I can do is sigh and live in the moment of others posts of their new fuzzy butts. I don't know why I can't be satisfied with the 10 6 week olds in the pen, guess because they don't have the fuzzy butts now and they act like you are going to kill them when you go in the pen with them. Trudy [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am waiting too and it is driving me nuts...they will not hatch until July 21! [​IMG] But I will make it and then have 21 little fuzzy butts to worry over. My 6 girls are just spoiled Divas nowadays. hehehehehehe

7. Kessidy

Kessidy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    Waiting does suck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by