Family rant

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
I am soooooo stinkin mad at my brother right now I could spit nails!!!! Tonight is my nephews 8th birthday party. Did I get invited??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did my mom and my sil's siblings get invited? YES.

I am mad, but that hurts too. He has never forgiven me for drug use when I was in my teens. I have been clean for 29 years. It's time to get over it!

rant.gif
somad.gif
smack.gif
hit.gif

First off....I am sorry. It is horrible to be left out !!!!!
hit.gif

Take a few days to calm down.....then try this...
Send your nephew a card/gift..if you havent already...
Then....Send your brother a card and simply and without rage... tell him your sorry that there were problems 29 yrs ago...but those are bad and distant memories. Then....just let him know that you would really love to be included in their family events as you miss that closeness. Leave it at that. You have shown your the bigger person and you have also extended the olive branch.

Good Luck....and God Bless you.
Congratulations on being clean for 29 years!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Cockadoodledon't :

First off....I am sorry. It is horrible to be left out !!!!!
hit.gif

Take a few days to calm down.....then try this...
Send your nephew a card/gift..if you havent already...
Then....Send your brother a card and simply and without rage... tell him your sorry that there were problems 29 yrs ago...but those are bad and distant memories. Then....just let him know that you would really love to be included in their family events as you miss that closeness. Leave it at that. You have shown your the bigger person and you have also extended the olive branch.

Good Luck....and God Bless you.
Congratulations on being clean for 29 years!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

big_smile.png
Thanks!! I have talked with my brother several times about the past, apologized for my behavior, told him I love him, etc. Now, unfortunately, it is his turn to get over it. Maybe he never will, but dang it don't let his KIDS miss out because he has a grudge that he will never discuss with me no matter how hard I try! Those kids know I love them, and they love me too, and now I am thinking poor Evan is wondering where I am! GRRR​

somad.gif
rant.gif
That is ridiculous! What is he waiting for? A 50th anniversary? That is just bull!! People learn lessons in life different ways. The point is to live and learn, right? There are plenty of people in my life who did their stint of drugs and learned from it (including my dad, DH (long before we were together), my sister...). Am I suppose to shut them out too? You have every right to be mad! But, don't dwell on something you can't control.
hugs.gif
No need to affect your health and happiness for someone elses ignorance (even though it still hurts).

Last edited:
Can you get that cat to jump at his head? Maybe knock some sense into him?
wink.png

Seriously, the past is the past. He needs to grow up; his kids will figure it out what he is doing eventually, and they know you love them. Kids are smarter than people give them credit.

He should be giving YOU kudos for staying clean for so long! Like he is mr perfect and never screwed up with anything? Sheesh!

I am going to take Evan a gift tomorrow and apologize for not being there RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY BROTHER!!!! Little brat. He is 10 years younger than me so I can call him that!

I won;t dwell on it. That is what BYC is for
lol.png
He does this all the time. My mom even got on his case once right in front of me. Little fart.

I think I may understand your frustration.
I have a father who has never met my 3 sons. I forgave him years ago but his second wife will never forgive me.

A few years ago one of the boys asked me how much I hated my father and I had to say that I didn't.

The way i figure it there must be a part of both of them that is absolutely miserable.

There are 5 people in my home and we all live to laugh and laugh a lot. It is their loss - not mine.

We can only pray that the Lord grants peace to those incapable of forgiveness for they have no peace.

Back
Top Bottom