Fanci's Chick Log 2019

Eggs due to hatch on Thursday, Feb 7th. We candled last night and we have 9 eggs developing nicely. One of the eggs that we thought was from our Australorp because it was so big is definitely a double yolk with 2 chicks developing! Both are moving about in the egg and look ok as far as we can tell from candeling it. I don't think this egg is from my Australorp now since it is a double. Usually my young pullets lay the doubles so this egg might be from either a Barred Rock or a Buff Orp that are still pullets. I hop the twins continue to develop and make it to hatch.... didn't expect this.

Eggs due to hatch on Thursday, Feb 7th. We candled last night and we have 9 eggs developing nicely. One of the eggs that we thought was from our Australorp because it was so big is definitely a double yolk with 2 chicks developing! Both are moving about in the egg and look ok as far as we can tell from candeling it. I don't think this egg is from my Australorp now since it is a double. Usually my young pullets lay the doubles so this egg might be from either a Barred Rock or a Buff Orp that are still pullets. I hop the twins continue to develop and make it to hatch.... didn't expect this.
Have you read much on double-yolkers? I've heard of them hatching but its rare.

Its out of a real dark egg, too. Must be from the younger hens.
IMG_20190204_090227911.jpg

Back
Top Bottom