Farm Innovators Digital Circulated Air Incubator 4250

joer77

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 25, 2013
Dayton Ohio
Hi I was wondering if anybody has this model 4250 of Incubator. I don't understand why there is an extra wire/plug off the digital monitor. It's a red wire with a blue end on it.

I don't see anywhere to plug it in. Also is there a way to add water without having to take the lid all the way off?

Last edited:
I just bought the same model yesterday and have the same questions. But besides not being able to see your water level, how do you adjust it?

The water trenches
are in the middle. DUMB! I have to leave two eggs out of my turner and use a baster to fill.

I called the 800 number today w/ all my questions. He said most people use a turkey Bastet or meat injector to fill the water basins! Mine wasn't getting above 49% humidity, he said "add a wet sponge". Two other thermometers placed in the ventilation holes were reading 100 & 105. Switched them and the same corners read the same. He said "ignore that and go w/ digital reading in the middle. The black wire hanging down w/plastic stapled to end is the temperature sensor. The blue gadget hanging down is the humidity sensor. Both are to just hang down. We're giving it a try w/ 42 quail eggs w/ a lot of reservations! Forgot to ask how you would possibly get 115 quail eggs in there!?!?

I have a tip with the temp and humidity probes. They are just long enough to get caught in egg turner and get pulled out. When this happens to temp probe it causes the heating unit to keep raising in temp. It took my incubator up to about 115. Of course lost about 30 eggs that were into their second week of incubation. So what i did was loosely knot the probe so it is at egg level but cannot get caught in turner.

I would like to comment on the fI 4250 incubator. We bought this unit @ tsp in April of this year- 2018. It seems to be accurate for heating. The free candling light did not last 1 hatch. Very junky. Our third hatch, which is right now we realized a few days ago, (a week into the 35 days for geese) that the egg turner seem to be humming kind of loud. When I checked it, it was humming and causing a vibration I could feel in the eggs. I shut it off and have been hand turning the eggs 4 or 5 days. I thought, I hope that has not caused a problem for the eggs. Today we checked them for activity. I see what I THINK may be 2 clears and 2 quitters. we only had 4 American Buff eggs. Sad if its true. I don't recommend this unit. Not a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom