farm needs some chickens & roosters

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by TrishaShockey, Oct 7, 2014.

1. TrishaShockey

TrishaShockey New Egg

Oct 7, 2014
    I have a farm and room for some chickens & roosters..in Charles Town,WV area.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello!

Did you want chickens for eggs or meat? This is kind of late in the season to start with chickens, but I'm sure you could probably find some.

3. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Hi! I am in MD. about 1/2 south of Fredrick. Would you be interested in a gorgeous[​IMG]
    olive egger rooster? He is 4.5 months old and a copper maran cross. I would be willing to meet you somewhere near Sharpsburg or Harpers Ferry or __?__.

4. TrishaShockey

TrishaShockey New Egg

Oct 7, 2014
    yes I would..I dont have a small crate but I can put him in a box???with holes..I can meet you at the sheetz at charles town past walmart if you are comin from harpers ferry...would that work???please call me 304.433.4170 or email me directlt [email protected]..thanks...my rooster got taken by a wild dog/wolf on farm in the woods Sunday and I have been upset eversince..my hen would be happy.

5. hbhoffman

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Hi! Yea! I will call you later this morning before work at 10 so we can set things up.
    :yiipchick

6. hbhoffman

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Hi Trisha! How is it going? Is he settled now? Are you still looking for more hens? I might have a lead for 2 and could drive again to meet you but don't want to get your hopes up.

7. Tara K

Tara K Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2013
    Salem MA
    yes I would..I dont have a small crate but I can put him in a box???with holes..I can meet you at the sheetz at charles town past walmart if you are comin from harpers ferry...would that work???please call me 304.433.4170 or email me directlt [email protected]..thanks...my rooster got taken by a wild dog/wolf on farm in the woods Sunday and I have been upset eversince..my hen would be happy.
    [/quote

]I hope your taking precautions so that doesn't happen again! Otherwise this new olive her will meet the same fate[​IMG]

8. hbhoffman

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Tara,
    It was a weird incident that had not ever occurred before and likely will not again. She cares for her tiny flock deeply.
    The olive egger rooster is safe and wonderfully cared for on a farm in a large pen (and not a soup pot!). I was asking if he had settled down a little as he was rambunctious upon meeting her older hen. :D

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by