Farming and Homesteading Heritage Poultry

Thanks for the great idea.

thumbsup.gif

That's a money saver too.
Indeed! You're not a Yankee in disguise, are you?

Just to clear up any confusion...The Buckeye comparison I previously posted belong to Laura at http://pathfindersfarm.com/Assessing.html
I was simply pointing to it as the best example I have seen of 2 separate lines of the same breed. If only people would post photos of their favorite breeds dressed or should I say...UN-dressed.

I will scan through hundreds of photos in BYC threads of X breed (it's so great yada, yada) and see TONS of pictures chick to adult but it stops there... Zip - Nada - Nothing of what the bird looks like on a platter. Check out this Bresse bird everyone is so gung ho about....where's the meat? No photos. That's what that bird is supposed to be all about.
hu.gif

My website is www.javahillfarm.com (work in progress) Where my focus is on the Java.

Oh - and that's not my swimming pool either LOL That was a joke!
lol.png

...I will scan through hundreds of photos in BYC threads of X breed (it's so great yada, yada) and see TONS of pictures chick to adult but it stops there... Zip - Nada - Nothing of what the bird looks like on a platter. Check out this Bresse bird everyone is so gung ho about....where's the meat? No photos. That's what that bird is supposed to be all about.
hu.gif

Basque cockerel @about 26wks

Have two Am White Bresse capons I'm running out til Sept (8mo). I'll post them if I remember.

Just to clear up any confusion...The Buckeye comparison I previously posted belong to Laura at http://pathfindersfarm.com/Assessing.html
I was simply pointing to it as the best example I have seen of 2 separate lines of the same breed. If only people would post photos of their favorite breeds dressed or should I say...UN-dressed.

I will scan through hundreds of photos in BYC threads of X breed (it's so great yada, yada) and see TONS of pictures chick to adult but it stops there... Zip - Nada - Nothing of what the bird looks like on a platter. Check out this Bresse bird everyone is so gung ho about....where's the meat? No photos. That's what that bird is supposed to be all about.
hu.gif

My website is www.javahillfarm.com (work in progress) Where my focus is on the Java.

Oh - and that's not my swimming pool either LOL That was a joke!
lol.png
But its a cool joke another note it says 'I love southern boys' on the pic and as much as I'd like to claim its heritage an all with me being a southern boy(Louisiana) that silage pit in the background(the hill with the white cover and tires all placed on it) and the landscape/terrain(flat as a pancake) tell me this is more than likely somewhere in the corn belt region (mid west or plains states). I would still claim it (the idea of a good ol boy coming up with the plan) though.
lol.png
Anyhow I've seen worse ideas before(like dumpster diving/ trash bin made into a pool) surely not southern
hide.gif
LOL

Jeff

FInally! Thank you very much. Good photos...I like the one one the scale.

thumbsup.gif

You're welcome!
smile.png

I think a lot of folks worry that their "non - CX" processed birds look more like the party joke rubber chicken of yore...

But once I realized that even my skinny chickens tasted good, and my improvement birds still have their feathers on - it didn't bother me any more!

Back
Top Bottom