FATHER GOOSE adopts DUCK family

i think there is some sort of attachment they get taht we can't see. my pekin boy stands up to the goats and will chase them off or pull their hair if he sees fit because he was once the boyfriend, though not in the literal sense, of one of the girl goats. he even preened her beard for her and sat next to her pretend eating hay everyday.

then he went and got a goose girlfriend. there are a lot of girl ducks, but somehow they are just not his fancy.

but he is my favorite, this little nut.

it sort of gives me faith in an odd way that there is a match (or two or three) for all us out there even if tehy don't come in the packaging we see most fit.

picklespickles wrote:

it sort of gives me faith in an odd way that there is a match (or two or three) for all us out there even if they don't come in the packaging we see most fit

what a lovely thought to end the evening...
thanks..
and thanks to all for wonderful first day!​

Geese are awesome parents, ganders included.
My gander watches over the new ducks and is very gentle with them.

Ganders will share with the raising of offspring and it sounds like you have a gander that will make a perfect mate to one of your geese to raise a family.

We have a "married" pair here. He is a fawn and white runner duck and she is a white chinese goose. They are inseparable. They are frantic when separated and when they get back next to each other they talk and talk to each other all day. It is quite adorable.

I have a Speckled Sussex that was at the bottom of the bottom of the pecking order. And she was picked on night and day until I had to put her in a pen for her own safety. I had 2 Pekin ducks (male/female) Something got the female and left the male alone and heart broken. Idea!! Yep, I put the Sussex in with the Pekin and they are insepearable--except for swimming! They forage together, talk w/ each other, and just generally look out for each other. They have their own fenced in area.
Now, if folks could only get along like that!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom