FAULTY INCUBATOR, all eggs are dead :'(

zipidy_curly

In the Brooder
VERY SAD DAY TODAY :hit we lost all our eggs at 13 days, when we candled on day 10 they were all wiggling & fine, I lifted lid today to add water as necessary and noticed it was extremely hot inside, the eggs to touch were really hot. The temp reading on the incubator was 37.5 degrees, it obviously wasn't, i checked the inside temperature with another two thermometers I had and they both read 46 degrees. Candled all the eggs and all were dead, SO heartbroken and beside myself, faulty incubator killed them all. What machine do we have to buy to make sure it isn't going to do this again???

X2 on the use more than one thermometer.

thermostat 4.6 stars on Amazon, $30. It can be added to most incubators, it's pretty simple to use, and it's precise--though you may want to calibrate before saying it's accurate. (mine was off by .5 Fahrenheit.) It's a lot cheaper than a new incubator.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry you lost your chicky babies. But whichever incubator you use you should always keep spare thermometers in there, to keep any eye on it. I use a Janoel 12, I find it very reliable. Good luck for next time, don't let this dissuade you!
Thank you, i live in Australia and have checked out a lot of the reviews on incubators here now, i just want to make sure i make a better decision on an incubator next time & hope from what i see that is recommended, i can buy in an Australian powered converted item. I am SO open to any advice and recommendations, as this has been pretty upsetting to loose these chicks under our care, nothing i thought would happen. thanks again for your support

X2 on the use more than one thermometer.

thermostat 4.6 stars on Amazon, $30. It can be added to most incubators, it's pretty simple to use, and it's precise--though you may want to calibrate before saying it's accurate. (mine was off by .5 Fahrenheit.) It's a lot cheaper than a new incubator.

Sorry for your loss.
just looked in on this and it really is reassuring, the incubator that i have though that let us down and went up to 46 degrees, WAY beyond the safe zone, which still as far am i'm concerned an incubator dud. All incubators should come with a thermostat within a safe incubation temperature zone, this one failed and with devastating results. I was wrong too, i wasn't able to save them because i trusted the incubator and shouldn't have without a backup. Glad for everyones advice and thank you

Go with a Hovabator 1588 with fan. They are cheap and work well. I have had mine for 8 years, still works like a charm! Perfect temp every time!

what kind of incubator do you have ?
If the thermometer was wrong, how do you blame the incubator ??
if you do not answer questions, how can we help ?
.....jiminwisc......

I lost 27 eggs this week due to a variety of reasons, but a horrible incubator from ebay was the main one. My last hope is with the other eggs that are going in my rcom. Hoping that they do well!

Just ordered theJanoel 12, I'm going to do whatever I can to not let this happen again. Feeling very naive, i could have done more research & got more options like this first.
Curious how you knew they were all dead?
I lost 27 eggs this week due to a variety of reasons, but a horrible incubator from ebay was the main one. My last hope is with the other eggs that are going in my rcom. Hoping that they do well!
The eggs all looked like this :'(

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom