Faverolles. Is it just my faverolle who is as feisty as a gamefowl?

Old English Bantam are classified as ornamental fowl-they are clumped to include several strains. Some are bantams and are called Old English Game Bantam and they are feisty but are not used for fighting due to their lack of size. Mine was of the English variety with a rose comb, black feathers, clean legged, and white earlobes. Remember, every locale has that breeder who creates their own version of the OEB-some are crossed with serama and they will call them English Bantam. Tecnicially mine were called Old English Rosecomb Bantam-a tiny black chicken with a rose comb and huge white earlobes. Love them!
Do you mean black rosecombs. In england we call them rosecombs. I count all hard feathered breeds as gamefowl even if they were never used for fighting

Old English Bantam are classified as ornamental fowl-they are clumped to include several strains. Some are bantams and are called Old English Game Bantam and they are feisty but are not used for fighting due to their lack of size. Mine was of the English variety with a rose comb, black feathers, clean legged, and white earlobes. Remember, every locale has that breeder who creates their own version of the OEB-some are crossed with serama and they will call them English Bantam. Tecnicially mine were called Old English Rosecomb Bantam-a tiny black chicken with a rose comb and huge white earlobes. Love them!
Also have heard that some people put them up against asils and malays and watch them be killed

Back
Top Bottom