Favorite Books?

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by FarmCoe, Jun 11, 2011.

1. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I know us homeschooled kids read A LOT! What are some of your favorite books?

I don't know where to start: True Grit, The Hobbit, The Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Where the Red Fern Grows, Summer of The Monkeys...

1 person likes this.
  2. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Watership Down is my def fave. [​IMG]

3. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    Wow, I just read a book today! I seem like a little kid now... Diary of a wimpy kid! [​IMG]

4. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    I've seen the movies but I never read the books.

5. DinosRBirds

DinosRBirds Hunted by Moonlight

Feb 1, 2011
    Lake Huron,MI
    where the red fern grows, jurassic park, the lost world, exct.

6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I liked the Bartimaeus trilogy, and Monster Hunter International was pretty awesome.

I also like the original Winnie the Pooh and Thomas the Tank Engine books, though. Laugh if you like, but they're good! [​IMG]

7. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Quote:I'm not laughing. [​IMG]

Let's see.... The Holy Bible (best book ever!!!!!!!!!!!), Dragonkeeper series (okay, not all that great), Ranger's Apprentice series, Olympus (actually written by the uncle of a guy in my church), Artemis Fowl series...

1 person likes this.
  8. bananakaygirl

bananakaygirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2012
    Texas
    Bible, Artemis Fowl Series, Airman, The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, and anything written by Margeret Haddix!

9. OneShotHunter

OneShotHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Yay! Someone else who reads really old books, too! I LOVE the Lost World! Circle series, Lost Book series, Burn, Mortal, Forbbiden, Blink, all by Ted Dekker. (No, I'm not a fan of his writing!)

10. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

Where do I start!

Anything by J.R.R Tolkien, The Harry potter Series, the Percy Jackson series, The Greenhouse, Alex O'donnell and the forty cyberthieves, The Magna Charta (James Daugherty), and so many more. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by