Favorite breed

I have only owned 3 breeds, Cochin Bantam, Sebright, and OEGB. In Cochin I have had roos and hens, Sebright hen, and OEGB rooster. Here is how I rank them.
1. Cochin - Sweet roosters and hens. Roosters have been protective but gentle. In my experience frizzle roos of that breed are mean for some reason.

2. Sebright - She has the sweetest personality. Though shy and flighty she has beautiful lacing and disposition.

3. OEGB - He never stops crowing though he has beautiful colors. At 6 months old already has visible spurs. He is kept in a cage so not sure how he would act free ranged but I feel like he would be mean. Could be individual personality though.

Easter Eggers. Just based off of looks.

One day Faverolle's will be my favorite though. I have a feeling...Cochins too. Orpingtons, Wyandotte's, Welsummers, are all good breeds too! But until I get a few Orps or Cochins, Easter Eggers are my favorite. Which basically says that I like mutts! They are just full of surprises and I love surprises!

I've kept many many breeds over the years. It's easier to say which I wouldn't keep again.

My fancy varies over time too. Currently, I'm in love with my Polish, my OEGB and my one little sebright. Oh, and the Barnevelders! Come spring, it will be my silkies. Next year, who knows!

Back
Top Bottom