Favorite breeds?

I only have experience with five individuals of five different breeds, but of those my favorite by far is my Dominique.

They're not a breed, but my EEs are my favorite. They like being petted and held more than the others. They make breakfast reasonably well, and always in the nest boxes.

I really do NOT like the Buttercups. Nervous little things, and impossible to catch. Heaven help us in winter, when I won't be able to catch them to put Vaseline on their combs. Even at night, they get upset if I try to handle them. These were birds that were handled from peeps, mind you, and they still hate it.

I have to say my standard Brahmas are my favorite with the Cochins second. But I have to admit that my little white silkie, Snowflake, is close to my heart. When I'm at the coop she sticks to me like glue so I have to watch where I step. She also loves to be cuddled.

I guess chickens are like potato chips,

No one can PICK just one!!!!

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

That's OK though, because I can't do it either.

In the original post I did say if you could pick just one.

I guess the next question should be:

What is about chickens that makes them so appealing and
addicting???
hu.gif

I really like the dutch breeds even though my D'uccles still won't let me touch them, my little D'Anver was a sweetie(RIP Gertie). Then I really like my bantam Cochins, The Silkies I have can't decide how much I like the breed they seem a little scattered brained but they are fun to watch and great broodies. Want another D'Anver pullet though.

Rachel, you are not ignorant!! it means easter egger..the ones that lay blue/green tinted eggs. Five months ago I couldn't have told you what absolutely ANY INTIAL on here meant.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom