Favorite "hen" crowed yesterday!!!!

Thanks everyone. Yes, I guess he is a roo...So far the crowing is just in the morning a few times, and if I try to sneak up on the coop, he'll kind of see me slinking by the guesthouse and will holler about it. So far the girls aren't impressed by his manliness... I just threw a few heads of romaine in there and once again, he takes a quick piece and runs away with it, while the girls charge at him. Pretty sad. I hope he grows some... juevos.... soon.

I have never heard of an Easter Egger. Is that a polite word for "mutt"??? LOL

Yes - pretty much. They're auracana cross breeds. You can get pink, green or blue eggs from the girls but I just read that someone got brown ones from her EE. I'm hoping for green or blue!

The first hen I ever owned ("Billina") used to crow, just a little, each time she'd lay. She lived by herself---she was a white leghorn, for what it's worth, and had nothing to prove. Just bragging rights!
(Consider Lincoln's joke about the hen crowing AFTER the egg is laid.)
lol.png

Yeah, Easter Egger is a term for Ameraucana/Araucana looking chickens, many of whom lay green or blue eggs. Beards and green or slate colored legs are good indicators. If you get any chicks from your pretty little guy, maybe those chicks will lay blue or green eggs! Cute story.

So now I am noticing my "hen" is growing spurs!!! :lol:And I was shocked that Mr. Timid-Henpecked-Runs from Everything actually mated with two of my girls yesterday!!!!!
wink.png
I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. Still very mellow with the crowing--- So far the grandchildren don't hear it. Just 5 or 6 times in the morning and a couple of times during the day.

I have CWMCS (Chronic Want More Chickens Syndrome) I don't suffer from it, but my parents sure do! --Amy"s signature...had me me LOL, and my mom, we should start a support group for parents and families of those afflicted with the syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom