Favorite new chick antic?

Ryan McEachern

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
What is your favorite newly hatched chick antic or behaviour? Mine is when they take a big beakful of water, then tip way back to gulp it down, then stumble backwards a few steps and fall over backwards. Kills me every time.

Mine is when they begin to fall asleep standing, and very slooooowly start to tip forward, only to startle awake when their beaks hit the ground. For a whole second there, they're like little fuzzy tripods. <*snort*>

Oh too many to name! I love that my biggest chick thinks she can jump out of their brooder if she REALLY tries. I love that they like to sit on their feeder (I need to put some sticks to perch) and someone is forced to smush their head in under the perching one's behind to get to the food,lol. I love how they sleep when they are REALLY sleepy where they just fall down and stretch their legs out behind them with their head down soaking up the warmth of the light. Precious!!!

My favorite is thinking you have two baby chicks that are hens until a few weeks later they start to crow.......
Coockle dottle dooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............Say what??????? Say what?????
Thinking to myself -Aaaahhhhh..... the last set of chicks never made that sound. Oh No!!!! Please tell me I dont have
roosters. SURPRISE!!!!! You have roosters...
Hearing that wake up call every morning now in my house downstairs.
They always manage to surprise you, thats for sure!!!

HAHAHA mine got hold of a medium sized tomato worm when they were around 6 weeks old and you should have seen the tug of war! Wow those tomato worms are tough
lol.png

Mine is when you give them wax worms or meal worms and they all charge the dish and grab one and then run around like crazy so nobody can get their worm before they figure out how to eat it!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom